Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
One of Oppo's real strengths is in the quality of it's drive mechanisms. Several high end companies purchase use licenses from Oppo  to use their drive mechanism in their ultra-high end players. In essence, that is what Modwright has done.
@pirius   If you are stating that Modwright is replacing the Marantz drive in its modded machines with an Oppo  drive I believe you are incorrect.  In fact, the quality of the Marantz drive and overall circuit layout is what Dan Wright found attractive, leading him to develop a mod for it.
It's not snobery rather opinion based on experience I offer. I own the Marantz and Oppo 105 with some mods. The OPPO is a superb video player. The Marantz and OPPO sound different and are both nothing special as CD players. Expand your search. For example, you buy far better quality and performance machines  when you buy a used bel canto CD2, PL2 or PL-1 or Woo Audio transport and DAC.  I own them too. There are no doubt other better CD playback options. Experience based opinion and suggestions not snobery. All the best with your selection decisiion.. Namaste. 
I recently purchased the Oppo UDP-205 to use strictly for a modest SACD collection.  It does not decode HDCD which is disappointing, but I suppose it's to keep costs down.  A friend and I compared an Oppo BDP-95 with a Cambridge CXU with the Oppo UDP-205 for SACD and the 205 wins hands down.  On SACD it is superb.
However, I feel the 205 is sadly lacking in CD playback.  I presently use a Cambridge CXC transport and Benchmark DAC2 for CD's and am very impressed with the sound quality.  Probably the error correction on the transport makes a huge difference.
Am wondering if anyone else has experience with the Cambridge CXC transport and what DAC it is coupled with.
Firstgrowth...That's at the center of my question. Does oppo really live up to its hype, and can you really find a world beating disc player for such a low price?
Or is marantz still the better choice?

Gcp...you own the marantz 14s1?