Reference 3a - old brochure + Reference 2008

I have just bought a pair of Reference 3a speakers, called Reference 2008 and it is accompanied by a brochure, giving details of 7 models current at about mid nineties. If you would like me to share the information I am happy to do so. Speakers listed are MC, Studio, Aura, Andante, Crystal, Baccarat, Ref 2008. These Reference 2008 are out of this world for clarity, musicality and so far I am extremely impressed. I have listened to some high end speakers (B&W 801, 802, Proac's etc.) and from my limited perspective so far Reference 3a stands in another league altogether. I believe these were expensive (using 2 Equiphase planar speakers, very fancy ribbons?? and some nice drivers plus a super tweeter). I would like more information on them.
Thanks, Jaap
jaapjess

Showing 2 responses by k26g

Hi Jaapjess,
I know it's one of those old thread but i am pleased to find your post regarding the reference 3a brochure and your reference 2008 speakers.
Seems like you're very much satisfied with them. Congratiolations for acquiring such a nice pair of speakers.

I would appreciate if you could send me a scanned copy of the brochure as i also have a pair of the reference cristal.

Many thanks,
KG
Hi Jaapjess,

Thank you so much for your response.
I am also impressed with the musicality of the cristals.
Actually, I was just looking for any of the bookshelf from reference 3a after hearing my friend's Reference 3A MM Generation II speakers which sounds magical right from the very first track that we played.
what i found are these tall, dark, and handsome looking cristals that also sounds great but with greater bass that is big and bold but never boomy and no overhang.
these are being driven by a vintage kenwood model 500 integrated amp.
I could only imagine that yours are way above since you had compared them with some of the high end speakers that you've heard.
please send the scanned copy to; [email protected].

many thanks,
KG