Recommended Speaker for Triode Amp

I've been living with inefficient Thiel 3.6 speakers for many years now, but now I'm getting a new integrated Triode amplifier rated at 20 watts per channel. I'm not familiar with horn and open baffle speakers, or other inefficient designs and could use some help.

I listen mostly to jazz, female voice, acoustical types, and rock, as opposed to Big Band and orchestral music. I have a fairly small listening room. I do like my bass, so if it's there I want to produce it well.

I've seen some speaker kits and I am handy but don't have a lot of woodworking tools. For example, I would not want to cut those large round speaker holes.

I also don't understand how to match a speakers efficiency to the power output of an amp, or maybe that doesn't matter as long as you can drive the speakers to loud levels.

I do have two goals. The first is to spend between $3K to $6K tops, and the second is to smoke my Theil 3.6 speakers.

Help and recommendations are appreciated.
kennythekey
A number of good suggestions there. I have uised a 20 watt SET integrated for years and have found speakers of 89db sensitivity and up will do fine with my amp, as long as the impedence is benign. That is flat and 6ohms and above.

some other speakers I have used which seemed to go well

Living Voice Avatars
Acoustic Zen Adagios
Daedalus Da-Ra Mas
The last are way the best, but a bit out of your price range, if you can't find them second hand, which you wo'nt
Thanks David, this is a good basis to go by. I will check out your recommendations.

One thing to note is that I'm not using a SET amp, nor is there a 300B involved. I'm having built a one-of-a-kind triode integrated using original Dynaco A470 transformers by Sam's Audio Labs. Besides the transformers, the circuitry is new and Sam uses a push-pull topology with EL34s and his own compensating circuits. Sam usually does restorations and transformations but this is more like a prototype.
I'd strongly advise a listen to Devore Fidelity. I am in love with my new pair of Devore Nines.

I went from Thiel 2.3s, having loved them for many years with all sorts of large amplifiers. I was hesitant, somewhat unsure that I would get the extension I had been used to with a speaker that has ports and two small woofers. I was spectacularly wrong.

I'm driving them with a very small Rogue Atlas -- a magnum version with Cardas wiring and operating in triode. It was supposed to be an amp just to get me started on these speakers before I ventured out into small powered exotica. I'm slackjawed at the transparency, range, soundstage, the whole bit.

Crosby's "If I Could Only Remember My Name" and the GD's "Reckoning" are two of my test discs. Both are amazing on the new Devores.
Thanks John, I will check them out!

I have shortened my list for room size (small) and setup which now includes:

1. Daedalus DA-RMa - I've heard that they're better with a higher powered tube amp. Anyone?

2. Legacy Focus

3. Sound Quest H-12 - Very little info on these.

4. Audiokinesis Jazz Modules - Best value???

5. Robert Bastani's Prometheus MKII - Has anyone heard or own these?

6. I will check out the Devore 9.

7. I will contact KCS down the road to see what they can do.

8. I wish I could get the Horning Aristoteles.
I'll second Sonist. Great speakers and works very well with lower powered amps. Concerto 3 is in your price range.

DISCLAIMER--- I am a dealer for Sonist.