Recommend AC Power cord for my Krell FPB 200?????

Dearest Audiogoners,
I need some serious advice. Audiogoners, who have gone beyond!!!! the whole AC power cord phenomenon. Want to replace my stock cord on my Krell FPB 200, what would be the perfect choice?? was thinking JPS, Harmonic Tecxhnology Fantasy AC 10,Shunyata and so forth. I was hoping someone with the same amp could share his experience. Thanks so much.
aoltes

Showing 1 response by drrdiamond

I used to agree with Zieman, and I do agree with Dan D'Agostino on everthing EXCEPT the power cord issue. (In fact, Dan worked with me on the altering of my big B&W's.)

I agree that it makes no sense that the last six feet should make any difference, but it does!

I use two big Krell amps to actively biamp my speakers. When I added my aftermarket PC to one amp, the volume and clarity of that amp improved, actually making me readjust my crossover. When I added that same brand (Pure Note Sigma) to the other amp, I was able to put the crossover back to its normal position.

It may not make sense, but, at least with the Pure Note, there was a dramatic change for the better.

Richard