REAL WORLD OPINION - ADCOM 555 ii vs BRYSTON 4B

anyone have direct experience using both of these amps (preferably with the same speakers for comparison)?? Need objective opinions.
fourfour

Showing 2 responses by stanwal

I do not but bear in mind that the Adcom reportedly was manufactured by at least 3 suppliers. Adcom was only a marketing firm, buying units from OEM suppliers. While Bryston of course makes their own products and can supply parts and do repairs, which might be difficult with the Adcom. They also have a great warranty that is transferable while Adcom sold its consumer electronics business to Klein in 2002 according to Stereophile. These reasons would indicate to me that Bryston would be the safer choice.
In my post I was leaning over backward to be fair. While design is important build quality is even more so and reportedly the 555s from different sources did not sound the same so you do not really know what you are getting. I have not had Bryston but they are recognized as a top amp by everyone, the 555 was a good amp for the money. Unless the Adcom is half the price or less and the difference is important I would get the Bryston.