Raysonic 168

Thanx for the responses on the 128. I see now the 168 has been released. I saw what Underwood Audio has done to the 128 as far as mods go, it looks like some things done in the mods have been incorporated in the 168.
Has anyone yet heard the 168? I am hedging my bet between the two for an upcoming purchase.
hockeydad

Showing 3 responses by bondmanp

Mrtennis: By implication, are you saying that you find the MF A5 dark sounding? I am curious, as I have never heard this player referred to as dark, or lacking in detail resolution.
Well, FWIW, the 128 uses the same DAC as my $500 Rotel player, IIRC, the BB 1732. I cannot bring myself to upgrade to a CDP that uses the same DAC I have in my entry level player, even though, due to other aspects of design, it might be worlds better. At least the 168 has a newer, more SOTA chip.
Undertow: Your points are well-taken, and I agree completely. It's more of a psychological thing; when I spend big bucks on an upgrade, I want everything about the new kit to be better. Of course, one should judge with their ears and not based on a parts list.