Qobuz

Just curious on some impressions on this music service. I am really digging the sound quality especially on 24/96 tracks. Better detail and separation than I ever remember from Tidal. Against Spotify which I currently have it's no contest even over bluetooth in my truck. 
You can get a month free trial so I am encouraging all you fellow streaming audio nerds to give it a try. 
mofojo

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

I used my free one-month trial using the Windows app, and it had serious problems, apparently known to Qobuz.

Fast forward a few months and the arrival of a new Roon Nucleus Plus streaming server.  I signed up for Qobuz again and am hooked.  I have both Qobuz and Tidal running on that server and I can't explain why, but when I listen to the same albums in 44.1/16 (CD) quality, not always, but much of the time the Qobuz version sounds better to me, a little more dynamic, better soundstage, etc.  The differences are small, but noticeable.  Though I do like the sound of MQA on Tidal, the high-res FLAC files from Qobuz (to me) sound better than the Tidal MQA versions...again, not always, but enough to be noticed.