Purist Audio Design Character and tone

Since I don't have any dealers locally that carry this cable I was curious if anybody could explain to me the character or tone it gives a system. I currently use a mixture of Harmonic Technology and Audience Maestro cables but have been thinking of replacing my Audience speaker cables with HT Pro 9 Plus speaker cables to match my HT Prosilway mk II's. On more then one occasion however a person has recommended both Carda's and PAD cables.

If I went the PAD root I'd most likely look at the Musaeus lineup because finacially it makes the most sense. I currently use a Krell/Totem combo and I'm looking for an increase in warmth and tighter bass response. I find Harmonic Technology cables usually do this quite well and also lower the noise floor. My musical tastes are mostly current alt/rock so I'd love to add warmth but not at the expense of limiting dynamic's or making my speakers sound even more laid back. I like the occasional punchy sound hence the reason I have Krell with Totem.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
lush

Showing 1 response by drbenway5725

Hi Lush

I had the Musaeus I/Cs and speaker cables in my system, which is all krell gear with Aerial 10T speakers, for several months. The highs are somewhat rolled off and the bass is not very tight.

At first try it will sound more warm, but IMO you should look for something more extended in the highs and bass in order to get the most from your system.

Try Cardas Golden Reference.

Cheers
Mick