Purepower 2000+ and 3000+ actual availability???

Does anyone know where things stand with actual Purepower 2000+ and 3000+ unit availability (Canadian company)? None of the authorized sources I checked with who actually responded seem to have them, nor have they been given any reliable answer as to when things will ship. Apparently quite a few promised ship dates have been made and have been missed over the past few months based upon the information given.

The plus-generation of these units have several features that I really want in my system as an upgrade to my existing unit. It would be good if they are making the units and are shipping them out to be purchased.

Have any of you been able to purchase one of these new units from the Canada-based Purepower and do you have it in your system? If so, how do you like it?

I am aware of the problems with the 'other PP' company and the schism between the two earlier in 2012, and do not need any info on that.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069

Showing 23 responses by zephyr24069

I would not think you would hear any difference going from wall to battery by unplugging the unit or by throwing that breaker as all the power that is used 100% of the time for your equipment is flowing out of the battery pack at all times...
Thank you Sksos1; it would be great to know someone has been able to get a hold of one of these units...how do you like it realizing dealer disclaimer does apply? How does it compare to the 2000 (prior generation) unit?
Purepower,...thank you for the clarification. There seems to be a dealer advertising on the West Coast of the US who has been able to get them regularly but I believe in dealer loyalty and am waiting along with my dealer to see and hear this unit so that I can buy from him. We are told the unit should be arriving soon so I am very happily looking forward to that delivery! I am glad to hear that production levels have been approved and that availability will be resolved.
I don't have a finite explanation to be quite honest though I've heard a hell of a difference on my entire system just moving up to a SOTA power cord on the unit. I started out with this very skeptical given the nature of the PP re-generating power into battery packs but was proven very wrong once the SOTA cord was in my system.
Update....PP sent a tracking number for a 2000+ shipment that shows it is on its way across the Canadian border this week on its way to my dealer where I'll be able to hear it setup for demo. Apparently these are starting to flow. I'll report back with what I hear but am looking forward to it very much!
Thanks Snopro....I will have to do some more testing! I am expecting a Purepower 2000+ in my hands for demo in about a week; it is arriving at my dealer on Monday night but my first chance to make the drive to pick it up will be the following week. I'll you know what I hear....
2000+ went into the system and got charged up this morning. As soon as it was warmed up and at 100% battery, I turned on my equipment. Unfortunately with nothing playing and 0 volume (off) on my pre-amp, the sound of bees buzzing and medium-level hum was coming out of my speakers. Did some elimination testing and as soon as amp was not on as a path to my speakers, the buzzing disappeared. Took the unit out, put in my old 2000 unit and everything was fine. Put the 2000+ back in and the buzzing and humming returned. I have taken the 2000+ out and am back running through my 2000 with the usual fantastic results.

Something may have happened in shipping to the unit though there was not visible marks of any kind on the box. My dealer is taking this up and I am hopeful it will get resolved.
Purepower has already been in touch with me and said they will resolve the issue ASAP for me. I really like what they did with the form factor and case work for the units. They look great and are easier to deal with in a wider variety of audio racks. The shipping carton & packaging are also much improved, so assuming this can all be resolved I'd be very happy to have a 2000+ unit back in the system again to test and ultimately add permanently to the system.
The holidays and needed time off are likely injecting some time delay on Sksos and I getting resolution for our units. PP has been responsive and promises resolution as soon as possible...
I am using an Elrod Statement Gold (latest generation) 20-amp on my existing Purepower 2000 (bought as demo stock, unit is 2 years old) and the results are a dramatic improvement over the stock power cord!
I will be able to compare the 2000+ directly to the 2000 in my room as soon as the 2000+ I had to send back that produced the buzzing and humming has its design/build issue remedied or a new unit sent to me. I'm eager to have the 2000+ in my system given its improved power correction, separate battery unit, etc...
The problem sounds like it is inside the 2000+ unit and not inside any of our systems. I tend to take a very simple approach to things....system before new unit arrived had no issues for multiple years with no hum/buzzing/ground loop issues, and after the new unit was up and running the hum and buzzing problems manifested themselves; removing the new unit removes the problem. This sounds very straightforward to me and should not imply we need to run our system with 50 cent cheater plugs and/or other unnatural gymnastics while spending good money to do so on the units with the issues :-)
All it would take for a purchase of a PP 2000+ or 3000+ unit to occur is for PP to respond and provide a unit that they've made improvements to the design of and that does not have the buzzing and humming emanating from the speakers of the otherwise perfectly functioning system (before introduction of 2000+) that the 2000+ was inserted into. At this point, it's been several weeks and I've received no update so I am hopeful that I'll hear something worthy of action soon...
I am extremely happy with my PP 2000 for the last 2+ years; some manufacturers do go through tough times. The measure is how they handle them and recover. If they can figure this out and get + units out that work as well as the prior generation for everyone regardless of a system being all-analog, all-digital, etc...people will see this. I'll hold out for a 2000+ that works well for me as I'd like to see that upgrade in my system occur sometime this year; the sooner the better of course :-)
I am holding fast with my 2 year old 2000 as I have not received any new info from PP as to a revised 2000+ or 3000+ due out to my dealer that removes the hum and buzzing problem I heard in the original demo unit several months ago. I am hopeful they will follow-up and take care of business so I can try a unit that is whisper quiet and I can complete my upgrade...
My dealer is still waiting for a new PP 3000+ or 2000+ unit to arrive that he and I can both audition. There have been no responses as of late to requests for status. I am hopeful that this will change, the problem will resolve and a unit that does not produce hum or any other kind of noise in the system will arrive soon.
Purepower: Over the past 10-12 months, we've heard all the background on how challenging it's been, the fight with members of your old company after the fracture, how it's taken time to setup your production facilities, challenges with shipping, reset and further broken promises on shipping to users and dealers (mine included).

Your response above completely skips over all the substantive feedback and implicit questions from several people with different system configs who have all experienced the same thing, i.e. hum out of speakers and/or amplifiers, etc...when putting a new PP 2000+ or 3000+ unit into the system but we've not heard one thing from PP in response that states you are working on the issue (reported 4-5 months ago at a minimum) and have a path toward resolution.

I for one understand if you don't come right out and state specifics on a public forum but you could at least answer and update replies that are laying fallow in at least 2 cases I know personally, in your Inbox, for the last 3-4 months.

Quality of service in shipping, etc...matters not when what arrives is not usable in high-end audio systems and must be shipped back.

Please address the problems with the 2000+ and 3000+ so that customers who have been loyal in the past and continue to be hopeful you will get past what seem like part choice, design and/or build issues that are causing the hum problems and put out units that can be purchased which hold up to the same quality of build and sound criteria as the prior generation of 2000 and 3000 products. If you do not, I think it is obvious you will forever lose customers starting with this one.
I tried a Purepower 2000+ unit in December 2012 after the demarcation (time)line in your posting above which stated you had fixed all defects. It was a newly finished unit at the time and the system hum problem (and buzzing through the speakers) in my system caused me to ship the unit back to you so I would suggest that you are not 'complete' on the + units until you remove the hum and buzzing effect that occurs when you put these units into high-end systems that are stable and do not have these issues. Furthermore, I already utilize a 2000 (non +) unit in this system for the last 2 years and do not

I look forward to you answering 1 and 2 on another thread as I'd love to test a unit that does not manifest the humming and buzzing in my system so that I can upgrade from my 2000 to a quality and completed 2000+.
Purepower: Add me to the list of non-plus PP unit owners who did and still do have no issue with hum or buzzing through the speakers in their high-end system with the prior generation of product. The problem only turned up when I replaced (within a 30 minute period to swap units)the 2000 with a 2000+. I experienced the problems, even with pre-amp set to 0 (no volume, 0-relative scale) the humming and buzzing could be heard across the room 10-12 ft away. I powered down the 2000+ unit, put the 2000 back in and it has remained since December of last year with the system sounding as great as ever.

Prior to the 2000+ arriving, I had my contractor go over my entire dedicated circuit as I was assessing putting in a copper breaker bar sub-panel or a 2nd house main for my system as well as the possibility of putting in a separate dedicated (isolation) transformer. My contractor as it happens built a recording studio for a very famous British Singer-Pianist (initials EJ) for his house in Atlanta so I'd venture a guess that he knows a fair amount about what we are talking about here (high-end audio systems). He tested and went over everything pronouncing a clean bill of health.

Following the arrival and near-immediate departure of the 2000+, I paid another electrician who has a reputation in the area for putting in electrical circuits and wiring for complex Home Theater, 2-channel and 2 recording studio setups from the NC/SC area to put in 5 Avatar Acoustics Afterburner8 outlets and inspect all aspects of my dedicated circuit as well as the grounding scheme for the entire house and dedicated circuit. Again, the result was the same...a clean bill of health from a certified electrician with experience putting in and trouble-shooting complex audio and video setups.

I am mystified by the claim that these problems were not the fault or at least related to something in the 2000+ unit as it is very clear in my experience what happened;

- setup with dedicated circuit inspected/blessed by two audio-knowledgable electricians about 10 months apart
- PP 2000 in this system for well over 2 years does not have issue
- insert PP 2000+ in place of 2000; issues arise
- remove 2000+, replace with 2000 (no other changes); issues go away completely

PP: Take a look at my system and others; do you really think based upon the investment in question that I and others are just sitting there with systems that make all this noise already without the 2000+ in place and we are happy with it? You don't need to make a house call here,...the problem did not exist before your new unit went into the system and disappeared after your new unit was removed. PLEASE consider that there may be an issue here that your own electrician-style bench testing without a high-end system and dedicated room in your production facility would not uncover. If you do want to make a house call (I am serious), bring a 2000+ or 3000+ and I'll put it into my system and you can hear what i am talking about. After all this, I love my PP 2000 to such an extent that I am still hopeful that you will wake up and consider all this and produce a 2000+ or 3000+ unit that won't manifest this issue in my system so I can buy a new version of your product!!!
No word from PP on availability of a 2000+ or 3000+ unit without the problems discussed above for me or my dealer's unit that was expected some time ago. This is very disappointing needless to say.

Glory: Home Theater Guy is a good individual and you should consider picking up that 2000....
2000 OR 2000+,...your response says 2000 which is the older unit that I already own