PS Audio Direct Stream

Has anyone received this unit yet?
And if so please share your review.
128x128ozzy
Hifial,thanks for the comments. I for one would love to hear of a comparative review of the Lampizator and the PS Audio Direct Stream dac's... seeing these two are at the top of my digital upgrade list.
Ozzy, do not read too much into those postings that the PW sounds better then the DS. I believe all of those postings are based on DS that have very little burn in hours on them. Even the PW needed to have 400+ hours on it to reach its full potential.

Even now there are postings about how the sound is evolving as more hours are on their DS.

Until there are 400+ hours on these DS on think the jury is still out.

Just like a Lampizator that has new Duelund Caps it will take 400-500 hours of play before it will sound its best.

Remember, the DS design uses transformers in the low signal output pathway and they will take many hours to burn in somewhat like the Duelund caps.
"Remember, the DS design uses transformers in the low signal output pathway and they will take many hours to burn in somewhat like the Duelund caps."

Wonder when the mod guys will start replacing the cheap Edcor trannies with Jensens or Lundahls.
Kana813 Funny, I was thinking the same thing just last night.
I was thinking, OK what can be upgraded? Caps, power supply, fuses etc. And how much of, if any, improvement will it bring.
I think I remember Ted Smith saying that the output transformers are part of the output filter. Changing them out would change the filter as well. Who knows if that would be advisable or not?