pro-ject cd box rs2 vs jays audio cd2 mk3

I have been following a lot of posts here , but I have not read of any comparisons as of the 2 transports . I am on the fence about the 2 transports as it does not seem that there is to many choices in that price range. I can purchase both transports for about the same price . any body compare them yet or have any other thoughts . thanks
kully560
IS2 connection is more resolving than aes/ebu or any other connection, so for start Jay mk2 is no idea to compare with. Ofcourse dac needs IS2 to otherwise it's obviously a no go.

Forgive me overstepping your question re. comparing the 2 transports as I have not physically tested them.

As you likely know, the Pro-Ject is elegant, minimal, and it seems designed to use I2S with their companion preamp. Do you plan to connect w/ AES? If you also purchase their Pre Box RS2 DAC I'd suspect the set would be amazing but that is a significant price point for both units. And you may know, if not be advised, Pro-Ject's power supplies are bricks (some argue that offers a cleaner signal; others view it negative).

It seems both units you are comparing do not offer XLR or RCA balanced out so if that's important, just be aware. If you plan to connect via I2S, allegedly the best(?). I've had difficulty finding equipment that is using I2S unless you go with these "sets" from Pro-Ject or Jay's. Again, you're into nearly 6K? (Even PS Audio seems to have ceased producing an I2S cable for their own equipment?) 

I did months research on about 6-7 so-called higher end CD transports and players with a long list of criteria but one of the more important things for me was to have XLR balanced connection (which may not be important to you).

I finally purchased the Artera Quad+ for well under $2000. It has been exceptional. Mind-blowing how quiet it is (I can hardly hear it load / unload and I do not hear the CD "spin").

One picky complaint is that the user interface and adjustments are very cludgy. The manual is not much help BUT when I emailed them, they were responsive and helped me to learn some of the more detailed settings. https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/quad-artera-play 

Let us know what you decide! 
@ dreas     An i2s input is on a sharp increase in usage.  Even the new Topping D90SE @ $899 has one.  
@ tarheel, that Dac sounds like it’s got incredible specs. And it can act as a preamp. And it’s built in China! Is China surpassing the West with the delivery of the D90SE?