PrimaLuna EVO 300

Any PrimaLuna EVO 300 owners out there experience very low bass? The voltage on the sub outs is so low that no sub would do anything unless maxed out. I'm now using stereo REL 212s, running line level, and that's provided adequate bass at about 60% gain. But I'm still surprised by how attenuated the deep lows are with my EVO 300. (By the way, I'm also using Cornwall IV loudspeakers, an Aurender A15 for digital, and Rega P6/Hana SL MC turntable/cart). 

128x128jkirsch

" The voltage on the sub outs is so low that no sub would do anything unless maxed out."

How did you arrive at that conclusion? Did tech support @ Prima Luna help you to make that diagnosis?

Verify your REL's setup with REL tech support. Positioning and recording used  is also important.

Something simple, likely amiss

I used a voltage booster and the subs I had then worked perfectly. Without the extra voltage, most subs would make zero sound until maxed out. This is when connected to the stereo RCA sub outs. When using the Neutrik cable (REL's Blue Cable), it was considerably better.  

Coincidentally, I own the Evo 300 power amp, REL 212/se and the Cornwall's British cousin (Tannoy Legacy Arden).

I tried both the RCA connection from my McIntosh c2300 preamp, and the line level connection from the Evo 300. While I did notice the RCA input required more gain from the 212/se, the stock line level neutrik connection only required about 1/4 travel of the 212s gain dial. If I go any higher (say to 1/2) its way too loud and overpowers the mains. 13'x17'x16' sloped ceiling.