PreDAC for Rowland 201 monoblocks

I'm chasing ideas for a PreDAC for the stated monoblocks, driving some Sonus Faber Luito towers.

My budget is $5k. Currently I've shortlisted the Esoteric D-07x.

Anyone with PreDAC & JR 201 amp experience??
ziffle

Showing 3 responses by ziffle

hey gents... this is meant to be about PreDac's to use with JR 201 and SF Luito towers.
ok gents thanks for the feedback, i've gone with an Esoteric D-07X to drive the JRDG 201 monoblocks directly with Sonus Faber Liuto Towers. Plan is to eventually grab a JRDG Capri preamp then run the D-07X as a DAC only instead of DacPre
ok, the D-07x landed, 5hrs powered, got home and made some XLR balanced cables out of mic cable. Screwed up then resurrected. 2hrs later with light volume.. all sounds nice. Dry, but sort of expect that (<=10hrs on the D-07x), but I heard sibilance, another hour later things became real, but it needed volume. Listened for dynamics, stage, focus, tonal balance, reverb, texture... female vocals, bass with Wooden....... so far, wow!

Thats 7hrs.. Wadia 171i, D-07x, Rowland 201's, SF Liuto Towers, crap PC's and like I said mic interconnects. Looking forward to a BBQ first but soon after some sonic bliss is yet to be earn.. I'm onto it...............