preamp upgrade suggestion around $2000

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my preamp.  I am currently using a Luxkit A3300 preamp.  Other components are:
Naim Uniti Serve streamer
Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC
Otomon Lab custom build 300B amp
Spatial Audio X5 speakers

I am looking for a tube linestage between $2000-$3000.  From several years ago, I read good things about the following:

Cary SLP98
Modwright SWL 9.0 SE
Supratek Chardonnay
And more recent ones with good reviews:

Coincident Statement LineStage
Linear Tube Audio MZ2/MZ3
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
I have three questions:

1) Is there other models I should consider?  
2) are those in the first group still good options since they are older models?  3) anyone have experience in them and can do some comparisons?

gte357s
I have both the Don Sachs and the MZ2; both of them are outstanding bargains, but they are really different. 
The MZ2 is on the cool side of neutral, amazingly quiet, startlingly lifelike, super resolving and incredible bass. It is quite unique sounding, falling somewhere in between tube and solid state sound.
The Don Sachs is more romantic sounding, more holographic, euphonic, noisier, just a bit less resolving, bass a bit softer and rounder, and overall more in line with “typical” tube sound.

Of course, these are my opinions based on my system, my room, etc. Others may feel differently.
@zm thank you very much, this is the type of comment I am looking for.  Based on that, it seems the MZ2 can be a good balance because I have many tube gear in the system.  Both my DAC and amp are tube.  So, maybe a less tube sounding preamp is a better match.  One complaint I have is that my Luxkit is a bit noisy together with my 97dB speakers and 300B tube amp.  So, a quiet preamp is definitely a plus.
I have the Don Sachs 2. It responds well to tube rolling and with the tubes I use now, Shuguang Treasure WE6SN7, it is not noisy and not too soft like it sounds with some NOS tubes. Tight, balanced with enough tube magic.