Preamp question: Mcintosh c500t vs Einstein mk2

I have decided to upgrade my preamp from a my integrated Rotel 1062 that I am using for the pre-out. The preamps that I am looking at is Mcintosh c500t or the Einstein mk2 "The Tube". I'd like to keep my pre under 8k used.

Some background info on my system is I use an Ayre QB-9 Dac going to a my Rotel preamp with a Mcintosh mc402 amp pushing my B&W 802D. Also my ic cables a ok but pretty entry level transparent audio, music-link level.

I am fairly new to the audio hobby about two years, but it is very addicting! I have acquired most of my equipment used on Audiogon. I use other members post and audio reviews to help research equipment since I do not have local dealers. I look forward to your opinions and advice. Thanks!
joeweiss84

Showing 2 responses by joeweiss84

I have not heard much about mac inverted polarity...Does the einstein have that midrange magic most tube pres have?
Thanks guys I did check anyways into this polarity... I used XLO test burn-in CD which is great for this sort of thing and all is good polarity wise. I would like to hear more from einstein and mcintosh owners and their experiences. Or if you heard both.