Preamp, digital crossover & room correction for 3 way stereo - DEQX HDP-5, Trinnov, other?

I am building a dipole speaker with a 12 "Tannoy  dual concentric and two15" woofers from BMS. 
I am looking for a preamp with digital crossover & room correction for 3 way stereo. DEQX HDP-5 seems to be an option.  It has 6 channels and offers digital crossover (FIR) and room correction.
Trinnov is offering either 4 or 8 channel. With 8 channels, it gets really expensive.
It seems to me that the microphone / measurement system of Trinnov is more advanced compared to DEQX. Any experience?
Any good DEXQ or Trinnov dealers that are recommended?
Please advise.
Thank you,
Matthias

kogedo
So you know, building an active speaker still requires proper time/phase alignment just like with a passive crossover.

So you'll need a way to measure the drivers and driver combinations to ensure proper integration with each other.

Too often I've seen beginners just guess at crossover slopes and use the EQ to beat them into submission. Ugh.
Excellent point, Erik. And as you may be aware time/phase alignment is the major purpose of the speaker calibration/correction function provided by DEQX.  

As I mentioned earlier, the more room reflections can be minimized when the necessary close-up measurements are taken for that process, especially reflections having early arrival times, the better the results will be.

I'm not familiar with how Trinnov handles the corresponding process, if in fact it provides a speaker time/phase alignment process that is separate from room correction.

Best regards,

-- Al
Hey Al,

Right. I'm not sure how that works either. Speaker design (active or passive) involves a number of choices. Filter points, slopes, eq, etc.

About the only thing you don't worry about as much with active is the impedance curve and filter interactions, and of course, buying several parts you aren't going to use in the final product. :D

But setting the filter points, and telling the room correction software to handle the EQ won't solve beam or lobe issues.
Hi Al,Thank you for your detailed response. This was really helpful.Hi Erik,I understand that you cannot defy physics with a DEQX.
Best regards,Matthias
you cannot defy physics with a DEQX.

Well, that's another story. :) It has been shown theoretically and practically, that the combination of bass traps and EQ is very powerful, allowing you to correct peaks as well as nulls, so in that sense, they are physics defying.

You could also create a very nice 3-way crossover with them. All I'm stating is that this process requires a deeper understanding of driver integration, and I don't know how that's handled by these tools.

Best,

E