Pre Amp + Amp to run B&W 803S

my budget is $2000 for both the USED preAmp and USED Amp together.I did some research, still novice in this Hifi knowledge.

I am not sure of exact spec's a preAmp should have or even what they are, but I am to some extent aware of the AMP, min 200W in 8 ohms, I am unsure about its Hi current transformer VA values, should be enough to power the 803S.

I am thinking about used Krell KAV250P or 280P as preamp and Classe CA200 or CA300 as the Amp. I will be running this setup as 2 channel only. Your suggestions and Comments are most welcome. Please correct me if I am wrong.
scorpious

Showing 3 responses by mlawitm

I have heard the Musical Fidelity M250 monoblocks running 802's and I was very impressed with those. Big bang for the buck IMHO.
In that budget range I would probably look at the rotel line. I would run a RB-1090 with those speakers.
I don't know about yamaha but I do know that I have heard MF with 802's and B&W owns Classe and Rotel. I know that for B&W most run Classe or Mac some Rotel and I chose Pass. It really comes down to your budget and what sounds good to your ears.