Power supply to Amplifier

What power is best for supply to Amplifier?
Whether it should be direct power from wall outlet, or through a power filter/conditioner or should it be Regenerated Power ( like from PS Audio Power Plant) ?
radni
Not sure why a couple of the responses seem to assume that the only source of potentially harmful power surges and voltage spikes are nearby lightning strikes.

From this article:
The most familiar source is probably lightning.... A more common cause of power surges is the operation of high-power electrical devices, such as elevators, air conditioners and refrigerators. These high-powered pieces of equipment require a lot of energy to switch on and turn off components like compressors and motors. This switching creates sudden, brief demands for power, which upset the steady voltage flow in the electrical system. While these surges are nowhere near the intensity of a lightning surge, they can be severe enough to damage components, immediately or gradually, and they occur regularly in most building's electrical systems.

Other sources of power surges include faulty wiring, problems with the utility company's equipment, and downed power lines. The system of transformers and lines that brings electricity from a power generator to the outlets in our homes or offices is extraordinarily complex. There are dozens of possible points of failure, and many potential errors that can cause an uneven power flow. In today's system of electricity distribution, power surges are an unavoidable occurrence.
I would add to that list the possibility of "inductive kickback" from things like power drills or other motor-driven heavy duty electrical equipment, that you or your neighbor or a service person in either house may use from time to time.

I recently had a high quality Corsair power supply in one of my computers, which had been working reliably for several years, fail on the same day that a plumber had used a high powered piece of electrical equipment in the same part of my house. That was despite protection from a Home Depot-type surge suppressor.

Concerning surge suppression that may be designed into audio components, I would not count on it being either present or adequate. And if present, and it were to stop a voltage spike from doing harm, what basis is there to assume that its capability would not have been degraded to the point where it would be unable to do so the next time?

Regards,
-- Al
Rlwainwright, you're right - it won't do a thing when lightning hit is direct (1 foot wide plasma) but it will help when it hits transformer, street light, ground near your home etc. The best is always to unplug and I do it during thunderstorms or when leaving for few days. For everyday use my amp is ON all the time protected by Furman. My DVR and TV are also plugged-in since it is recording shows during day.

Also, Al has very good point. It doesn't have to be lightning. I experienced few times light bulbs going slightly brighter for a second or so and in one case Furman's circuit breaker switched off. Voltage reached dangerous level without any thunderstorm in whole area. Such things like inductive kickbacks, that Al mentioned, would not be noticeable but could easily damage electronics. My Furman filters them out and suppresses them without even engaging circuit breaker.
To connect the Amps direct to the wall socket is the way to go for High current draw SS amps esp monoblocks. But i did the following when I upgraded my power supply.
a. 30 amp feeder direct to board
b. 20 amp feeder direct to board
Connect in a Shunyata Hydra 4 to one of the Oyaide R1 duplex outlets for the 30amp feeder. Plug in my Preamp and Phono to Hydra 4 direct. Plug in my Acoustic Revive RTP-2 ultimate in 1st Shunyata outlet driving the two mono AN300B SETs. I use the 1st outlet on the Hydra 4 closest to the magnetic breaker. So I had 5 outlets if you know what I mean but I have now 1 spare outlet.
The other R1 goes to a 6 outlet BPT 1200 Power Condtioner (balanced) powering my Mcintosh CD player and the PWD DAC II, Subwoofer amps.
The 20amp circuit drives my router, NAS , also, Media server, and T/T motor unit. etc

I tried to plug the Acoustic revive with the 2 monoblocs AN300B's direct into 2nd Oyaide R1- Ground differential Hum even though it was the same 30 amp circuit. After it is routed through the Hydra 4 - no more problem. Lucky I did that cos' shortly after that I hit a earth fault as I was messing around with some wiring in another circuit, and trip the entire main board breaker. Could have blown my amps or something.

SQ analysis. RTP-2 Ultimate is really great in a subtle manner. Seem to tame the Shunyata darkness if you guys know what I mean; More alive the music!
So SQ goes up, protection is still there; Not ideal and purist but I feel safe! Not to mention thunderstorms and lightning strikes?
Post removed 
Hi Everyone,
Somehow this thread got diverted on power supply line in general (dedicated line highly recommended ) and Surge protection used by most. Also many or most prefer to lug the Amp directly to wall outlet. But not too much is shared or said as to if Regenerated power is good or bad. Is there a technical problem to use Regenerated power ? Elizabeth surly says not to use Regenerated supply. Some say it will compromise Dynamics ! Al says he does not see how , and I tend to agree with him .
At the End I like to continue with direct wall supply with my MIT ZII cord to my Amp. And yes , I do have a dedicated power line , total isolation from my home supply , and a Brickwall Surge Protection unit on my dedicated line, a servo controlled voltage stabilizer to to take care of variations .