Power regeneration - good idea? PS audio?

Is the PS audio regenerator a good choice or are there others?

jumia

From what I heard the external power filters and re-generators are usually better than what is inside amps. The internal ones are normally filters rather than re-generators. The big question in my mind is if the improvement is worth the cost and you might have to answer that one yourself. See if you can try some products at home.

I use a PS Audio P20 for my sources and an Audioquest Niagara 5000 power conditioner for my amps. Despite what anyone claims, I have found the P20 to limit dynamics and bass power for the amps but it excels for the constant current sources. The AQ seems to improve dynamics.

I have a P12 for the stereo stack (Oppomod 203, PSA DSdac, BHK pre, Pink Faun 2.16x, Cisco switch) and 2x P20's running my BHK 300 amps and SVS 3000 subs. Very happy with the performance increase with each one.

“So at the end of it all what is the point of this PS audio regenerator?”

If like me where night/day AC voltage irregularity/variance coming in is significant enough (>5%?), it matters a lot (soundwise), more their stabilizing capability I suppose (adjustable to your system’s preferred setting) eg. My equipments are 230v, but found them best sounding at rock steady 228v.

Hence ‘conditioners only’ don’t work for some. Other candidates I’d like to try are Stromtank, Torus etc.