Power Cords for Cary

What power cords do owners of the Cary SLI-80 integrated and 303/200 CDP recommend?

I'm currently using BMI Majik power cords throughout. The rest of the system consists of Merlin TSM monitors, a REL Strata III sub and Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables and interconnects.

Budget? Yes, I'm on one so $300 used is probably tops. What result do I want? Well, the Majiks do a fine job of carry juice from the wall to the components, but that's about all. What I would like is simply more. More clarity. More sense of space. More emotion.

I don't expect all that from simply changing power cords. But in my last rig (the one still linked below) switching from the Majiks to Synergistic Master AC Master Couplers brought a marked improvement overall.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
fpeel

Showing 2 responses by cruz123

FWIW, I have used the Cary Sli-80 with the TSM's and I could never wring that last level of emotion/space/clarity out of that combo. I didn't realize how good the Merlin's were until I upgraded to separates (VAC mono's and Dodd pre). I used the AZ Tsunami, Audience PC and VH Audio Airsine with the Cary and none provided marked improvement. Not to discourage you from experimentation, but I don't think a pc will get you to the level you're looking for with that amp/speaker pairing. The Cary is a nice amp and I enjoyed by time with it, but its a little too laid back for the Merlins, IMHO.
Fpeel, I used a Cary 308T cdp for a considerable time and later a GNSC modded RA Opus 21, which I still use in my current setup. I used Acoustic Zen Silver Matrix IC's connected to the source and AZ Satori speaker cables, which I still use along with a couple of Audience IC's. I will say that that the AZ Silver Matrix was a good fit with that amp, IMHO.