Power Consumption idle

Is this right? I have a Sim Audio Titan 7ch solid state amp and the specs say the amp uses 75 watts at idle. I am just trying to figure out why my electric bill is so high.

I know having the gear on always, but this aside, can 75 watts keep a 19x12x27 120lbs piece of metal good and warm to the touch? Or could the specs be very misleading.

Thanks
Marty
marty9876

Showing 2 responses by marty9876

Thanks for the answers, I thought the real answer would lie in the "Kill a Watt", I'm just a major cheapo. I guess I don't really want to know how much my large salt water fish tank is using, anybody want to buy a large tank?

My rate is .0814 average, and every month I end up with a $250.00 electric bill. For a single guy this just seems high. I won't bore you all with my bills here.....

Thanks
Marty
I know I have a few high usage items, fish tank for example. The pumps are ~450watts 24/7, lights 360watts 12h/day, ect.. My guess is ~75.00 month.(ouch)

Everything in the house is electric so, no gas bill at least. Although the dryer, hot water/heating is all in one.

The fridge/dryer are all new/one year old, I would assume the ratings are better than most.

A few computers on 24/7, have since way upped the power savings features, although the monitors were always set to turn off after a few minutes.

I was goofing around with a Monster Cable PC awhile back and the most I could get the system to draw was ~6 amps without killing the neighbors. I am only using 5 of the 7 channels for what difference that would make. I have two subs but they switch into standby mode when not in use, I guess I might want to find out what exactly this means(HSU VTF-3's).

Well I committed a cardinal sin and hooked up the line voltage switch to shut the amp off when not is use. I'll see if this helps. At least it will not be heating up the whole house this summer...

Thanks all,

Marty