Power Cond-best? Hyrda? CFX? PP? Burm 948? others?

Has anyone compared the Hydra, PP or CFX to the Burmester 948 or the Accuphase? Power cords really change my system so I want to jump in with both feet here.

Powercords I like are Trans Ref, Fim Gold, Kimber Palladian 10. Tried the Viper v2, didn't like it in my system, but can easily see how others would.

If you go with a great conditioner like the Hydra or Burmester, do you need to go with top notch cords between the component and conditioner?

System is all BAT tube pre/amp/phono, Wilson wattpuppy 6's, DCS, Trans Ref cables. Thanks for your opinions...
128x128jfrech

Showing 1 response by jmr

As to conditioners I sustitued a PS 300 on my digital front end with a mini A.M. Stealth, great improvement, am looking foward to put it's bigger brother in for my amps. But as to power cords, guys do yourselfs a favor and check out the JP Maximum Gold, it,s a new cable manufactured by John Pavone (electric eng. and excellent person) This cord is one of the best bargains in high end right now. It's a 0 gauge pc which in my system has subtitued the great Whale Elite mk1, which many people consider one of the best pc right now. It retails for around $300 and at least is in the same league as the big boys KC, Fat Boy, FIM gold, Whale Elite,etc. As I said, do your selfs a favor and check it out.