Power Chords better than TWL at the price?

Hi everyone

I am currently maximizing my system through speaker placements, room acoustics, vibration control, etc. before I consider upgrading any equipment. I have made huge progress with Clear Day speaker cables and Stillpoint Ultra SS footers - it sounds like a new system. So, the next move is to upgrade the power cords on my Oppo 105 and Exposure 2010s2 integrated. Currently, I have a Blue Heaven PC on the integrated and a Pangea AC14SE on the Oppo.

So, I've been looking at the Triode Wire Labs (7+ for the amp and 10+ for the Oppo). I haven't been able to find anything in their price range (400-600 ea for 2m) that has gotten such consistently high marks.

If you think there is something out there that is notably better, please let me know!

Thanks for your time,
Scott
smrex13

Showing 1 response by tmazz2226

Without a doubt the best power cords I have ever had in my system (regardless of the price.) Changed over my components one by one until now they are all powered through TWL cords. Every time it was well worth the time and the investment. Even made a noticable improvment on my VPI SDS unit, a divices whose sole purpose is to isolate the TT motor from the incoming AC. How a changing the power cord on a conditiuoner that does mothing but drive a turnatble motor can improve the sound of the system is beyond me, but it does. And it is not just me because I have done a blind test with several fello 'philes, not telling them what the change wqas and not only did they notice a change, but they all described the same changes. Best bang for the buck of any upgrade I ever made in my system.

Here is another hint. If you have a component without an IEC plug, AudioAdvisor selles an adapter that allows you the plug the three prong end of your captive power cord into the IEC end of the TWL cord. Even that made a noticiable difference.

With TWL's 30 day trial there;'s nothing to lose. You guys have to check this stuff out.