Plinius SA250 or 2x SA100 monoblocks

Which would be better between 2 SA100 monoblocs or 1 SA250mkiv?? I've gotten different opinions from a number of people I respect!!
hbrandt

Showing 2 responses by thomasheisig

Personally I think that 2 amps is the better way to go. There is much more headroom, superior dynamics and the soundstage is M U C H deeper and wider. The Music isn't so focused between the speakers.
I tried it a few times with Rowland and Pass amps and even with a pair of stereo amps with various speakers, the results were always the same.
Not much listeners do that, because for these extra 30 % increase they have to buy another amp and that is normally not cheap.
( And most think,from a 200 W amp I need only 50, for what do I need a 2. amp ???
B U T
you can look for a pair of premium speaker cable, because only a 2 or 3 foot pair is necessary and there is the next
H U G E Improvement )
I think, even when you don't do it and you go for a SA 250 and some time later you will connect a second SA 250, you will hear the much better dynamics at once.

I heard it even with high sensitive speakers which run with 5 watts and my Rowlands delivered more than 400 W.
1 of my amps went out for repair and I thought, well, no problem, I will switch my other one to stereo mode and I can listen to music until the other amp comes back.
So I did,listened and switched my amp off after a half an hour and never used it again until my other amp arrived 14 days later....