Peachtree nova150 phono stage quality?

How does the phono stage in the nova150 compare to something in the range of a Lounge Audio LCR MKIII w/silver or Parks Audio Budgie? I’m setting up a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable w/Ortofon 2M Blue and want to use the nova’s phono stage for simplicity if I’m not giving up much in quality for the range of table/cartridge I have. I may upgrade the Esprit to a Bronze as I have an extra in my stash. Phono cable is a Zu Audio Mission and RCA to the nova if needed is a DH Labs Air Matrix.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro

Showing 1 response by asahitoro

Thanks for the reply,

I have multiple systems in my house and have some extra stuff I was thinking of repurposing here. I already have the Lounge and Budgie in my stash that I haven’t sold yet. I also have a JC3 Jr. that I’m using in another room with a Denon DP-60L w/Ortofon 2M Bronze. I think I’m going to sell the Pro-Ject and move the DP-60L into this room and then upgrade to something like a 1200GR in that room. I like the idea of keeping things simple in the setup in question here if I can and not sacrifice sound quality. Along with the nova150, and now DP-60L, I have a Bluesound Node 2i. My speakers are KEF 104/2s w/KUBE and rca cables are DH Labs Air Matrix and a Kimber D60 coax. I might use my Audio Sensibility Impact SE phono cable from the other room over the Zu Mission as well.