Paypal insecure?

I read this on another forum when a seller refused to use Paypal:

"
I have heard such a horror stories from internet. Paypal doesn't offer any protection for sellers. Buyer can even send an empty letter back to seller to get a refund from Paypal. Just say that you want to send the item back you have purchased and provide a tracking number to get a refund."

I wonder if this is true??

I paid the seller via bank transfer and got the item as described.
128x128ulf

Showing 3 responses by zd542

Paypal's great until you have a problem. Then they suck. When there's a problem, the only thing they care about is showing you that no matter what happened, its not their fault. The people that work there are nasty and arrogant. So much so, that it seems like they enjoy seeing other people's misfortunes. Your problem is they're entertainment. And that's something I really believe.
I had $5000 in my Paypal account and they somehow managed to loose it. It just vanished. I didn't even make a transaction. When I asked them what happened to my money, they said that they have no idea. The only thing they knew for sure is that it wasn't their fault. After fighting with them for a couple of weeks, by some miracle the money was found. My guess as to what happened, is that I spoke to the entire country of India, and they just ran out of people to transfer me to.
"07-24-15: Sbank
"Believe me, a call to the seller from your local police department will get the seller's attention." Not so much!"

Where I live, police don't even look for stolen cars, let alone some overpriced cables.