Pass Labs X250 meter failure

The meter on my amp quit functioning. It may have happened when I accidentally pushed the power button on, then off, then on again, in quick succession. I had read somewhere that this can cause the problem. I rarely look at it, so when I discovered it not working, I looked online to figure out why it quit. I emailed Pass Labs to see about a repair, and was informed I could send it back to them to have a new meter installed, which would run over 400 dollars.

I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem, but was able to repair the meter themselves. I realize the failures may not be similar, but I'm still interested if anyone has repaired it. I haven't even looked into the amp yet, as I never use the meter anyways. If it was an easy fix, maybe I'd open it up. Maybe.
128x128abucktwoeighty

Showing 1 response by danlib1

I've owned many Pass products- never had a problem. I know a couple of people who did have issues, and Pass exceeded their expectations for service- without exception.

I have an idea- why not CALL PASS and talk to them before we start questioning their integrity.