Pass Labs X250 meter failure

The meter on my amp quit functioning. It may have happened when I accidentally pushed the power button on, then off, then on again, in quick succession. I had read somewhere that this can cause the problem. I rarely look at it, so when I discovered it not working, I looked online to figure out why it quit. I emailed Pass Labs to see about a repair, and was informed I could send it back to them to have a new meter installed, which would run over 400 dollars.

I was wondering if anybody has had the same problem, but was able to repair the meter themselves. I realize the failures may not be similar, but I'm still interested if anyone has repaired it. I haven't even looked into the amp yet, as I never use the meter anyways. If it was an easy fix, maybe I'd open it up. Maybe.
128x128abucktwoeighty

Showing 1 response by abucktwoeighty

Thanks for your responses. The meter really doesn't have to be repaired. It didn't move much anyways. It's just that I know it's not working, and every once in a while I think about it. Kind of like getting a small scratch on your new car, you know it's there, but will more than likely let it go.

Pass Labs was very courteous to me when they offered to replace the meter. We never discussed a repair, just a replacement. I just don't feel I need to spend that amount of money to see a needle move every now and again, where it's only function is to let me know when the amp goes from class A to AB. I can guess when that occurs. I just thought somebody may have started poking around in there and share the experience.

Staying in the groove....