pass labs 350.5 vs bryston 7 bsst to drive b&w 802

which would serve me better driving 802s loud and clear with great bass
bd223
I keep reading on the B&W forum that Bryston amps are just OK, or harsh and shrill. The funny thing is that a few years a go the Brystons were recommended on the same forum. You just cannot trust forums. I have 7b ST's that I used with N801's and now use with Signature 800's. They sound fantastic and I really have no need to change them out.

I stumbled across a pair or Classe CAM350's and bought them to try out and compare. I will sell either the Brystons or the Classe's after I am done. I am not expecting any real improvement but we shall see.
Bd223, you're right, the 7B-SST's run cooler than the 14B-SST.... I think Mordante is confusing the previous 14B-*ST* as being better than the previous 7B-*ST* monos... the 14B-ST was the first of the amps that used the technology used in the current SST series amps; the technology was subsequently transferred to the entire line-up and rebranded SST (Super Stuart Taylor).

As for the pass vs. bryston question, this is a function of system synergy and the user's listening preferences. I've never had B&W so can't say. Try to audition both and to see which one you prefer. They're both good products backed by great people.
hard to believe that 14 bsst could actually perform better than 7bsst mono,s.I would think the mono,s would run much cooler. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
Not really sure about this but as far as I know the 14B-SST is actually better then 2 7B-SST. What I heard is that Bryston introduced the 14B after the the 7B and that they made some improvements which resulted in the 14B-SST being at least as good and mybe better then 2 &b-SST but this is from hear say.
The bryston gear so extremely expensive that I never bothered listening to them.

14B-SST €7.599,00 = $11.800. I bet in the states the 14B-SST is cheaper. The price I mentioned is including VAT.
But then agian I pay €5.70 for a gallon petrol. That is $8.70.
Recently, I switched my preamp/amp combo driving B&W 800 speakers from Pass X-1/X-600 to Bryston BP-25/7B-SST and have been blown away how much better the Bryston stuff works with the B&W's over the much more expensive Pass equipment. I've always been a fan of Nelson's designs, so it was really surprising that the Bryston was that much better. Plus, Bryston offers a 20 year warranty which helps resale value. I am currently waiting to try out their new CD player that has gotten rave reviews.