Pass Aleph amps suitable for HT?

Ok, I couldn't decide if this should go in 'Amps' or 'HT', so I put it here...

I am interested in any comments from people who may have considered, or are using the Alephs in a home theater system. I currently have an Aleph 3 amp, and love the sound it produces in my system (EAD transport and DAC, Sonic frontiers pre and Hales Concept 3 speakers)

I was thinking about an Aleph 5 for the FL, FR, an Aleph 3 bridged for the center, and an Aleph 3 for the rears. I have a Genesis 928 for the sub.

I know this is not a powerful setup, but I don't listen loud, and I am most concerned about musical fidelity in the system, because probably more than 50% of the time will be spent on 2-channel listening.

Is the Aleph line 'dynamic' enough for HT applications?

Any thoughs would be appreciated...

---Michael
mjm6

Showing 1 response by danielk141

Michael,

Where do you live? I'm here in Scottsdale, AZ. I have an Aleph 3 that goes into my music system only in the winter -
oct-march. This amp heats my bedroom in the winter! In the summer I'm back to my Rowland Model 2. Whichever amp is in use, is almost always on..
My video system is in the living room. I have a Parasound 1206 - always on & it runs relatively cool. I've never clipped this amp on music or video,(I use Montana SP's for my main speakers}. It's just not as musical as the Pass or Rowland.
If I were you I'd buy a used pair of Pass Aleph 2's & a strong 3 channel amp like the Parasound 2003A. You could drive just about any speakers, and in my opinion you'd have the best of music & video. This is the configuration I have planned if I go back to Magnepans for my main chainnels.
Remember, you can't bridge the Aleph 3 for a center channel,
only bi-wire, & there aren't many biwirable center channel speakers I've seen below the Aerial... I have a PSB C6-their top center channel, it's only got 1 set of binding posts.

Good Luck!

Daniel