Paradigm studio 100s

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on Paradigms studio 100s I am thinking about buying them along with the cc 690 center it will be used for listening to music and for movies. I will be using them with a Integra 9.9. pre amp I currently have Defenitive bp 2000 towers and 2ooo center. They are great speakers but I prefer pin point imaging for music. I wonder what other differencs that would noticed.Thanks for your opinions
partell

Showing 2 responses by paulsax

I think most of the comments above are fairly on target. Nice speakers. I personally found them somewhat lacking in detail (Rotel 1560 driving them in a treated room) with a tiny bit of a muddled midrange. Eventually I went in another direction but I would not kick em out of bed for eating crackers as the saying goes. I did get to listen to the V4 against the V5 with everything else the same and I could not hear any difference. No comment on pre V4. I suspect that these speakers would reward more power and louder playing levels but that is just a guess.
Wish I had a good answer for you Mmeysarosh. One thing I did notice was that the V4 cabinet was not exactly a noodle so any difference there would likely be the curvature. Entirely possible that I simply do not have the ear to note the differences. Nice if there was a test for that! I can tell the difference on my system of a couple degrees (less?) of toe in or grills on/off. Either way on that day the V4 and 5 were the same to me.