Oppo 205 with Parasound JC-1s

I’m downsizing and deciding what to keep. I’m keeping an Ayre AX-7e integrated and C5xeMP disc player to use with KEF Reference 1s for nostalgia. I’m wondering about an Oppo 205 Parasound JC-2 preamp and JC-1 monoblocks to use with Magnapan LRS. I recently added KEF LS60 and a pair of KC62 subs to our living room, so the Oppo, Parasound, and Magnapan seem superfluous, but I’m reluctant to let them go.

I started this post with the question of whether the Oppo 205 would work with the JC-1s without a preamp, but came to realize the JC-2 could be accommodated.

Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

I have listed an Ayre QX-5 Twenty, KX-5 Twenty, and VX-5 Twenty for sale. A Bryston SP-3 processor and two NAD amps will follow, and perhaps four LS50s, three Velodyne HGS-15s with SMS-1s bass managers, and a KEF Reference 204/2C. Probably sell the four-tier Salamander rack as well. Is that downsizing?

The Ayre DX-5 DSD, P-5, and Thorens TD 124 have been moved to the living room for use with the KEF LS60 and KC62 subs,

If a preamp is needed to match Oppo 205 outputs with JC 1 inputs I have a JC 2. All components could be accommodated in my Salamander rack for a tidy package.

Having now reread John Atkinson's review of the JC 2, I'll use it.  All components except the JC 1s will be in the Salamander rack; the JC 1s will flank the rack.  It's only a minor downsizing regression.  So the setup will be Oppo 205 or Nucleus, JC 2, JC 1s, KEF Reference 1s.