Opinions AV recievers under 1000 new or used

I am looking at the Denon 1082/3802/3803, B&K 202, Outlaw 1050, maybe Rotel, etc. I know there are lots of split threads on this topic. I dont suppose there is anyone with experience with all these;)

For me Music sound is extremely important and the reciever must be able to forcefully handle 4ohm loads.

I like the outlaw and the B&K but they dont have component video connects:(

Any suggestions? I would like to spend around $700 or less if I can.

Thanks

David
rhinofly

Showing 1 response by reubent

I can't comment on all of the receivers listed as I have only owned the B&K AVR-202 from your list. However, I have also owned Denon AVR-3300 and Sony SRT-DB930 for HT receivers.

Of those, the B&K was noticably better sounding for music and HT. The B&K looks awesome too and had great build quality. I did not like the user interface (ergonomics) of the B&K, but some people think it is great.

Concerning the lack of component video switching-do you really want to buy 2 expensive component video cables when you can go directly from your DVD player to you TV and use macros on your remote to control all of the needed switching? You can save money and possibly improve video quality by NOT having your receiver switch your component video.

Enjoy,

TIC