Opinions about upgrade

Hello all, 

This is my first message, im very happy to be here. 

I want to upgrade my proac d18 speakers. I like them, but i wanna a better speaker. My amp is hegel h160. I have some speakers in my mind like Spendor d7, Graham ls5/9 and harbeth super hl5+. I have not auditioned them so far. I want to hear your opinions about this upgrade. Thanks in advance. 

spitzer45
Proac D30RS is in completely different league than your D18 this my current speakers and I guess it's my last speakers I ever buy. They have the wormth, depth and sofistication that the D18 & D20 don’t .Take into consideration initially the D30 sounds awfull and only after long burn-in period they really shine .
My hegel h160 line outputs have only rca connections, but atc scm 40a has xlr connections. How can i connect these, An adapter is a must? If so, is it a bad type connection? 
spitzer45,

The solution is either cables with an xlr on one end and an rca on the other or a male rca to female xlr connector adapter and a regular xlr cable from that to the 40a.

Tim

Hello again, I auditioned some speakers yesterday. Atc scm 40 passives, atc scm 19 mk2 passives and spendor d7. All of them was being driven by magnum dybalab md 208, 100 wpc into 8 ohms.

Firstly, Atc scm 40 passives, with that power, it was not being driven properly, dealer said that too. But one thing about Atc's is absolutely true, its midrange very good, very real, very lifelike. With spendor d7, i liked their wide soundstages and bass responses especially, it is very detailed speakers. But its midrange was not that good, like atc's. Atc scm 19's bass response is very good although it is small. Its midrange was perfect too. But upper and lower frequencies was not detailed as spendor D7.

I have to admit i have fallen in love with atc mid frequencies.
@d2girls- have you heard the W5 Boenicke's? 
I have, and they are fantastic sounding speakers.