Opera - Video streaming or buying?

I'm interested in streaming video of operas and darned if I can find much.  Is there a particularly good source to stream from, or DVD/BluRay which you turn to when you want to see and hear a performance?

erik_squires

The quality of the Met Opera live streams is very good. The performances, of course, are first rate.  Highly recommended. 

Another vote for Medici TV, my wife has a subscription and I watch occasionally. Like everyone, I have my foibles and only really enjoy listening on LP or some Cd's loaded onto my server. I do enjoy going to see the Met and Royal Opera streams in the cinema.

I find there is so much cheap Opera on vinyl now, the best option for me is buying vinyl in Charity shops. Fortunately or unfortunately, Classical Vinyl, particularly opera, is almost valueless second hand, at least in the UK. I find really good box sets available for £4, in the charity shops.

I appreciate the input, @David12

I get the availability of opera LPs but I'm looking for the video, even the subtitles, since my German and Italian leave so much to be desired.