Onkyo m510 grand integra

Hello. I am planning to buy this amp (used). Does anybody know it or has ever listened to it? The system would include proac d80 speakers, an accuphase dp 67 cd player and a BAT vk 3 preamp. Music that I usually listen to includes pretty much everything except rap and heavy metal. Thanks in advance for your recomendations.
frankie67

Showing 4 responses by jollygreenaudiophile2

If anyone ever needs service on a Grand Integra just call, "Just audio" in Baltimore Md. They are a factory autyh rep and where I take all my Onkyo Grand Integra"s for service. I have a bunch! They have a form on their website for mail in gear. But If you've got a M-510 for sale                                                             "Contact ME!"
       That is the only one I've never had!
By the way, For the price they hold their own. They made matching pre's for all of them I believe. Those above that didn't like them, may have been listening to a pre that just wasn't compatible with them or even 
sub-standard.. I do not find the M-508 "flat", at all. They seem to like tube pre's, but what amp doesn't?
Man-o-man, Does anyone know of another M-510 for sale? While at the shop in Baltimore last week a fellow came in with a mint M-510 and the matching pre-amp. Both were beautiful pieces. I tried to purchase it. The fellow told me without a moments hesitation, "No way, at any price". He said that he didn't think it would really stand up to modern, "High-End" amplifiers but still loved it. When I pressed him on what "High-End" amps he was thinking of he had no answer. So I offered him a trade. A new McIntosh MC402 for his vintage M-510. He just smiled and shook his head. So I then offered an Pass Labs X-350 or a set of Krell mono-blocks. I received the same mute answer. He had to know I was serious as he could see the eleven amplifiers I was dropping off for service. 
   I guess, "just to turn the screws a bit", he then told me that he was indeed the original owner and still, "of course" had all the original boxes, packing, cabling and manuals.
       I tried.
   Does anyone know what model # the matching pre-amplifier was? I do remember that it's NOT a P-510. I want to say it was a P-389F but found nothing when I looked that number up.