Okay, Classe CA 2200 or and Ayre V -5xe amps

......if you had a choice for my Avalon Eclipse speakers, Jeff Rowland Synergy IIi pre-amp, Esoteric P-5 and D-05 front end with Purist Audio 20th Anniversary power cords and interconnects with PAD Proteus Provectus speaker cables.....music ranges from jazz, blues...from the Allman Brothers, to Frank Zappa ...to Bach to Allison Krause ...you get the picture. Looking for a good ss amp from an established, reputible, American company....no Krell's, no Levinson's...
garebear

Showing 1 response by theo

I tried the V-5xe in my system a few years back agains my then McIntosh MC352 and ended up getting a MC402. I found the Ayre to be very musical but seemed to come out a little aggressive in the highs. I have never tried the Classe' but have heard them in the store against McIntosh and think that the Classe' offers a great sound. I really didn't find it to excel in performance over the Mc so have stayed with Mc. But as far as model of Classe' I appologize that I can't remember. It was in the same price range as the 402 is all I can share. I will add that Ayre does provide excellant service, by experience I have had with my C5xe CDP.