Ok to adjust balance to achieve center vocal image?

I have an all analog tube vinyl system and don’t remember having to adjust my balance setting in order to achieve a center vocal image. I do now though. I’m getting a left leaning vocal image with the balance set to zero. Is there a good way to see if this can be fixed so I don’t need to balance adjust to achieve a center vocal image? Could it be a preamp tube going out? Something else? Any harm in just continuing to adjust the balance - meaning am I experiencing any signal loss doing so? 
Thanks! Paul
paulgardner
Post removed 
Post removed 
Are the cantilever and stylus still straight? I had a 17d2 do this after using it for rather too long and probably will poorly adjusted bias. The cantilever was pointing a bit off straight ahead and had twisted in its damper. You can’t bend a diamond cantilever so it was all in the cantilever mount.
I tend to agree with the potential of hearing loss.  When is the last time you had your hearing checked.  Could be as simple as that.  If that isn't the case them change out our tubes.  Having a digital system, I have not had to face the tube issue.  That just might be one argument in favor of electronic components.  Just out of curiosity, can tubes create the brisk highs electronic systems can produce.  I do think tubes create a warmer sound, but do you sacrifice hearing the highs?
Balance controls can solve things, but it is best to find the source. Especially if your stylus is not riding the center of your grooves.

I actively refine balance from my listening chair (for errant tracks) using my Chase RLC-1 Remote Line Controler

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-Remote-Line-Controller-RLC-1/254708363331?hash=item3b4dcd3043:g:huIAA...

Before you start swapping tubes, cables, ... do a basic check to isolate your TT from the system.

Hook up any digital device temporarily, stream, tv, bluray, anything that presents digital dots.

If not balanced, the LP system is ok, i.e. not the problem. If digital source is balanced, it's the LP system.

Go from there

I just changed 5 things at once yesterday, doing focused listening:

I heard all CD's centered, all LP's a bit weak on left. Checked using a Test LP with a full range pink noise test, yes, left side weak

Only LP? I re-checked, too much anti-skate, reduced, test, now equal center balance.

But it was fine when I started???

I think I bumped the dangling weight while changing things, the nylon string jumped out of a groove, slid forward to the next groove, thus too much outward pull.