Odyssey Stratos, McCormack DNA 225 or Bryston4BST?

What would you buy and why. On the used market the Stratos is about 1/2 the price yet continues to get wows from the audio community. Would I be disappointed with the Stratos compared to a Mccormack or Bryston. I listen to all types of music use an Audio Research SP16L preamp, Myryad MDP500 G6 processor, and Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MK II speakers. Cabling is Harmonic Tech ProSilways, Truthlinks, and a Magic Link. Thanks for your experiences and input. Dave.
canucks0

Showing 2 responses by vladimir

Odyssey Stratos are great, but make sure the SP16's output impedance is low enough to drive the Stratos' 10kOhms input impedance. A great convenience is that Klaus can modify your Stratos in several stages for not much money.

I would also suggest to investigate the smaller McCormack DNA-125, a sleeper and one that Steve McCormack can modify to be at the top of the amplifier heap.
Even if AR recommends 20K ohms as a minimum amplifier load (Stratos is 10K), the SP16's 260 ohms seems just about low enough (the old rule of thumb is to multiply it by 50), but it is good advice to call Klaus as Polara says, he's very helpful.