OCD mickey website and negativity.

I see videos from this individual frequently he's got a show every night almost on YouTube which is live. It's interesting.

I'm not familiar with the brands on his website and he doesn't seem to be happy about lots of stuff. He visits stores and complains about how terrible their equipment is and that no one knows what they're doing without really explaining him himself.

I've learned many things from him but I don't know why his gear that he represents seems lacklustre, I'm not gonna mention it here but maybe I'm wrong. There are many outstanding so-called higher end audio gear that's out there and he doesn't seem to carry any of it.  

emergingsoul

@philgo01 

He is also very critical of the status quo and the good o' boy network (collusion?)  in the HiFi industry.  He is a disrupter....I would love to get some of his gear but they are priced in the stratosphere.

There's the rub, no? He's against the good ol' boys network -- cool -- but where's the affordability for the "regular guy" (or gal)? There's at least a tension here which remains.

Say what you will about the commercial audio market, the regular person can do pretty well with a lot of products out there -- priced reasonably, high quality, high value. We're talking your Cambridge, your Rogue, your Vincent, your Omega, your Fritz, your Quicksilver, your Van Alstine....the list goes on and on. Some of these are big companies, some small, and some (gasp) market and advertise. But one can achieve very good sound, get a warranty and customer support, and not break the bank.

Mikey's a good guy. We've corresponded in emails...I believe he means well and does know his stuff. I have 4 Rowland amps so the fact that he believes in them so strongly assuages any skepticism for me. 

To be clear, I like Mikey and follow him religiously . If he is able to carry sub $5K components, then I will be all over it.  I just do not see myself spending $10K to >$20K++  for one component.  These are just my priorities in life....     I know he has a business to run and I totally get it !

His "personality’ can be an acquired taste, but stating "I don’t know why his gear that he represents seems lacklustre," while he carries Meitner, Playback Designs, NAT Audio, Jeff Rowland, Viola Audio, TAD, Fischer & Fischer is a bit much to say the least

I used to watch this guy regularly but he has crawled so far up his own backside I don't bother now.

What really bugs me is that he trashes so many other highly regarded companies simply because they are not exclusive enough.

If you don't like a product, fine, but to alienate so many other watchers like me is just plain stupid.