nht sb-3 vs b&w 601

i have been searching through ebay and audiogon postings and have come up with a couple of interesting deals on speakers i have heard of but never listened to. they are the nht sb-3 and the b&w 601. i wondered if anyone had any experience with either of these spaeakers. the stores nearest me do not carry either line and i have some issues with travel. (replacement kneee surgery did not go well).i have a smaller listening room, 12x14, and have become dissatisfied with my klipsch fortes. i'll be playing the new speakers through a nad 2400 power amp, nad 1600 preamp, nad 521i cd and my trusty ar es turntable with sumiko arm (looking to replace cartridge so i won't go into that). i've read many reviews and both seem to be highly thought of a that price level. is there a clear choice here? please give me your thoughts and let me benefit from your experience. thanks,
tim

i listen to mostly rock, blues and jazz at moderate levels.
tda44

Showing 1 response by tda44

thanks rar1. rich, you are a font of knowledge. smooth and warm are two of my faves. nht's are the new leaders in the auditonless speaker hunt.
tim