Next step after B&W 802D

Hello,

I'm looking for upgrading my speakers. Would anybody have a suggestion for replacement of B&W 802D which would clearly improve?

System basicly is ARC REF3, Kronzilla SX, EMT 950, Lexicon RT10 (additional digital front end will be added soon) and all Cardas Golden Reference Cabling. (is on A'gon)

Thanks for your suggestions and input.
broederen
Give a listen to the Vandersteen 5A's. They are easier to drive, can be tuned to your room, and sounds much better.
I have a pair of Eggleston Nines that I throughly enjoy and have had for a few months. I am familiar with the 802 as well and there is no comparison. The Egglestons are much more extended and their sound is truely holographic when used with the right equipment. They may not have the slam that the B&W's do with my sytem because I ony have 75 watts of tube power but they are truely magical. I want my speakers to disappear and these do that very well. I have heard and owned many other great speakers but these are truly at another level. Bass definition is a good as it gets, no boom just music. Please audition a pair and if you are in South Florida let me know.
Having owned B&Ws & moved on to Wilsons, I would 2nd the Sophia Recommendation. But... the 802D is a good speaker. It needs power. A class D or digital amp should let the speaker come to life. It will lack to tube magic, but the B&W is warm already. Room size is a big part of it. B&Ws sound best loud. The Kevlar drivers are slow IME and only open up when pushed.