New Technics SL1200G turntable

Can anyone offer any information about the TT?   It is fairly pricey, but the engineering of it seems to be first rate.  
whitestix

Showing 7 responses by invictus005

Not much to say, it's one of the best turntables on the current market at any price. Sounds better in Fremer's videos against his $150,000.00 turntable and $40,000.00 tonearm. 
Technics must have paid him a fortune. His videos, two of them no less, are the biggest Technics endorsement I have ever seen. In both videos, SL-1200G destroys a $200K+ setup. What else could Technics ever ask for?
@avanti1960, the video and sound are not switched in the first video. As was stated numerous times by Fremer.

You preferring the sound when Technics is playing means you prefer the sound of Technics. Fremer initially joked that the sound could be switched and then verified that it wasn't.

People prefer Technics. And that's that. Greatest endorsement by any major reviewer I have ever seen. 

@rauliruegas, all of those separate pieces don't really matter in this case. It's the overall picture. A $4000 Technics smokes a $200K boutique product. But I'm not really surprised. 
@rauliruegas I'm pretty sure Fremer prefers SAT. In my opinion SAT is a garage product sold for an absolutely insulting price. If I have to buy a current production cost no object tonearm, it will be the SME V. 
@tzh21y Everything makes a difference. But I think you're obsessing over minor stuff. Which means eventually you'll end up with an SME. And that will make a fundamental difference. Mine should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully :)