New Synergistic Master Fuse

New From VH Audio,

Synergistic Master Fuse cost $595.00

I'll stick with Orange Fuses.

128x128cincyjim

After much procrastination went ahead and ordered a SR Master Fuse for my Power Conditioner.

SR recommends putting a Master Fuse in either the DAC or Power Conditioner to begin with. Since the Power Conditioner is the only gear that doesn't have a Purple fuse, thought that was the logical way to go.

Waiting for someone to confirm if putting a Master Fuse in their Streamer or DAC is better.

Great question, Lordmelton.  The only viable place for a Master fuse is in my streamer.  My conditioner has no fuse and my Lyngdforf 3400 does the dac-ing and also has no replaceable fuse.  A purple in my streamer has been amazing, but I can sell it if the Master gives me a nice step up.

At Synergistic Research we’ve isolated key factors that affect how electricity propagates by changing the behavior of electrons through Inductive Quantum Coupling methods we collectively call UEF Tech.  In fact, UEF Tech is so powerful even an electrical chain several miles long is fundamentally improved with nothing more than a single fuse engineered with our patented UEF Technology.

Quantum coupling is an effect in quantum mechanics in which two or more quantum systems are bound such that a change in one of the quantum states in one of the systems will cause an instantaneous change in all of the bound systems.

What a beautiful and successful marketing campaign.  It started with a rather low cost fuse, yellow as I remember?  And has now progressed from color to color, of course each new color being more expensive than the previous, and now to a $600 fuse that is so powerful it can control all the other fuses within your stereo.

What if the master fuse gets power hungry and decides it wants to start controlling more than the fuses in your stereo, and wants to control all the fuses in your house?  Is master fuse unauthorized domination of submissive fuses covered in the SR warranty? 

Fuses even the cheaper one does change the sound , is it improvement? It's hard for me to tell. I have not decided to part with my $200 for a fuse?

@rc22 You can see the fuse in your Lyngdorf in the pic. top left. It’s T8A which is 8 amp slow blow, looks to be 5x20mm, but I’d take it out and check to be sure. SR recommends going up one level so you should replace it with a T10A fuse.

Your power conditioner may have an internal fuse too.