New SR Orange fuse ...

Ok, for those who have been waiting with bated breath, the new fuse I've been beta testing is the new Synergistic Research ORANGE fuse. 

Price for either size, large or small, will be $159.95 and will be available in all values. Available through your dealer by the middle of the month. The 30-day return policy is still in effect. 

This new fuse has more impact on SQ than going from the SR Black fuse to the SR Blue fuse. For those of you who have made this change, you know that is saying a lot.

The new Orange fuse's main strength, as I see it, is the improvement in tonal accuracy. In addition, everything just flows better, with lower distortion, better three-dimensionality, and improved dynamics. 

This is a definite winner, for sure. Two thumbs up. 

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Hello Frank and thanks for responding. 

I went from the stock fuse in an otherwise tricked-out Cary SLI-80 directly to the Blue. It was not subtle; clarity, resolution and all the usual audio suspects were enhanced. 

I expect that the Orange is in my near future. 
@oregonpapa  Frank, thank you for posting your findings on the new fuse from SR and how it compares with the Blue fuse. Helpful and appreciated.
^^^

Once they are broken in, you guys are going to love these new fuses. I know I keep using the same terminology in my descriptions here, but please bear with me ... I barely made it through high school. :-)

The Orange fuse is like putting the Blue fuse on steroids. After replacing the four Blue fuses with the Orange fuses the system has taken on a very enjoyable and lovely organic density to the overall sound. At this point, I just shake my head in disbelief. Super transparent with no HiFi effects at all. Just another big step toward realism.

With all of the tweaks and changes that have been made over the past couple of years, the superiority of this new fuse from SR can readily be heard and enjoyed. Here’s another cliche’ ... except it is for real ... it is like having a brand new record collection. No bull.

During the last listening session two nights ago, I put on a CD of the Newport Folk Festival. It’s a compilation of various folk singers. When Joan Baez took the stage, it was like she was actually TAKING the stage. The audience was right there. I was in the middle of it. Baez’s voice was the best example of her work sound-wise that I’ve heard yet. That’s saying a lot, because this is a standard, run-of-the-mill red-book CD. Of course, these recordings are transfers from the Vanguard tapes ... and for you guys who know your recordings, you already know how good the old Vanguard’s can be. On classical music, the Vanguard strings can’t be beat.

Release date for the Orange fuses is supposed to be in about a week.

Here’s the Newport Folk Festival CD:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VARIOUS-ARTISTS-THE-NEWPORT-FOLK-FESTIVAL-1963-THE-EVENING-CONCERTS-VOL-1/292188938548?epid=3120350&hash=item4407d16134:g:feQAAOSwMQ1b4zkV

Happy listening ...

Frank