new processor decision....help me decide

Looking to get a new processor for my hometheater... hometheater 90% to music 10%.

i am going to get the new oppo 103 for source.
i figure i will let the oppo decode all, i will run an hdmi directly to the projector for video and i haven't decided on the connection to the processor...either the other hdmi or rca... but i do want the room correction to be used....

choices are:

1. ingrera dhc-80.3. $2600. 9.2. audyssey multieq. xt32.

2. emotiva xmc-1. $1500. 7.2. TACT dynamic room correction

3. marantz av 7701. $1700. 7.2. audyssey multieq xt

4. anthem d2 w/ arc. $2000. 7.1. arc

since i will be using the procceor on the oppo i will only need these processors to be used as their room correction and sound abilities.

my amp is an anthem p5.... and so far I'm not that big of a fan of 7.1 so i dunno if that makes a difference to me.

tell me what you think.
Bill
baranowski

Showing 2 responses by dg1968

Bill please disregard my first post (if it actually shows up before this one), I wasn't thinking correctly.

If you connect your OPPO to the processor via RCA/coax, then you cannot use the OPPO for decoding multichannel HD audio, which must be done by the processor.

If you connect with HDMI, then the OPPO can do the sound decoding and send the PCM signal to the processor for room correction. However, I cannot think why this would be advantageous to just having the processor do the decoding as well.

So as Kr4 already answered, the Integra 80.3 (or 80.2) with Audyssey with multieq XT32 would seem to offer you the best room correction (I still am using an older Integra 9.9, and want to move up to XT32 as well).
Bill, if this is not yet clear, should you wish to use one of those processors for room correction, then you cannot use the OPPO for decoding/processing. Similarly, if you want to connect to the processor with HDMI or RCA, then you also cannot use the OPPO for decoding/processing.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to do audio processing with the source, rather than with the pre/pro?