New in 2017

Which releases are you guys looking forward to in this new year?
jafant

Showing 11 responses by slaw

I finally got around to listen to "Prisoner".

From my perspective, I can hear the sadness in this album. While I think he's rarely made a bad lp, I think the spark is missing compared to his last two lps.

Happy Listening.
Why there aren't more posts on Beth Hart is somewhat disturbing?

Happy listening.
emb, sad!

Just listened to the new Beth Hart. I knew I would not be disappointed. SQ is very, very good. I have several BH lps, I prefer "Better Than Home",  if I had to make a definitive choice. The vocals on that lp are OUTSTANDING!!!

If you have a great lp based system..get "Better Than Home"!

Going to put on "Prisoner" later.
Just listened to the new Chuck Prophet "Bobby Fuller Died for Your Sins" (lp). While nothing groundbreaking, I always enjoy his records. I find them to be a fun listen and the SQ is most always very good.
Tift Merritt's new lp lives up to my expectations! A beautiful lp. It may be, in terms of SQ, her best yet.
here you go...

John Convertino ... drums  (made it look, oh so easy! a professional if I ever saw one!!!

Eric Heywood: gives Jerry Douglas a reason for improving.

Well, not as well known, but Jay Brown, her long time compatriate, a local guy.. very nice.....(he is a valid component of her success)
bdp24,

Forgive me if I'm out of line.

I'd love to know more about you/your history!!!

Saw Tift at a local outdoor event at her (last show of the "Traveling Alone" tour. Remarkable!!

What an honest, remarkably TRUE to (the craft) artist!!

Her choice of band members was (top notch)!