New DAC: TEAC UD-501 anyone listen yet?

TEAC's new UD-501 is the star of their 501 series. The TEAC UD-501 supports DSD 2.8/5.6MHZ file native playback by ASIO 2.1 or DoP methods or up to 32bit/384kHz PCM. TEAC also packed this incredible unit with two 32-bit BurrBrown DACs per channel and JRC MUSES op amps, dual monaural design, fully balanced XLR as well as unbalanced RCA outputs.

Is BB still a leader in DAC opamps. I know they have had a great reputation in the past?
128x128tom6897
Have one here (I love the looks) and will set it up this morning. I will leave impressions after a little listen time.
Hey got it set up.....I am one really happy fellow right now! Please take a look at our store Facebook page Analog Shop - there we have images and initial reports. I am listening as I type away and all I can say is :-)
Hey got it set up.....I am one really happy fellow right now! Please take a look at our store Facebook page Analog Shop - there we have images and initial reports. I am listening as I type away and all I can say is :-)
Analogshop,
What transport are you using to get the DSD data to the DAC? This is an interesting area for me and I have started to look at universal transports and DSD DACs.
Thanks
Looking at Analogshop's facebook page, it appears he is playing the files via a Mac laptop.

I belive that Teac has a DSD transport to go along with the new Dac (at least they are showing one on the Teac webpage).
I've read your impressions on the FB page. How capable is the headamp? does it drive planars with authority?
We are becoming a Audeze dealer and I can update you on the drive of those later. I am using Fostex TH-900 and Audio Technica ATHW-3000ANV phones and the sound is solid. SACD Iso file over USB. Yes, TEAC has an SACD matching player coming in this series. There is also a dedicated headphone amp in this series available now.
I love my TEAC UD-501
It's versatile and easy to use- and it sounds great.

I wish that I'd have purchased the Silver model, instead of the black one.

If anyone has a Silver one they's like to trade for a black one?

Mine's two months old. Your's should be similarly pristine.
Does anyone know, if like with AR gear, you can order face plates for these in another color from what you have?