New Creek Destiny 2 versus Anthem 225 integrated

Has any one auditioned the new Creek Destiny 2 which has suddenly replaced the first Destiny?? If so, I am curious if any one compared the Creek Destiny 2 to the Anthem 225 integrated. The Creek is about $600 more than the Anthem 225 which has lots of power, remote, and even a phono stage Anthem more than occasionally pops-up in forum discussions, but there are few reviews on their products especially the model 225. Thanks, Jim
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by silentmobius

When I purchased my Anthem 225 last year, the MSRP was 1500. As far as I can tell, the MSRP of the Destiny 2 is $2600-$2700. That is not a small amount of difference.

I got interested in the Destiny because there was chatter about how it fits well with Harbeth speakers. I'm considering moving my Anthem 225/Paradigm Studio 60 v5 combo to a home-theater setting and investing in Harbeth/Creek Destiny combo for dedicated music room eventually.

If anyone has heard this amp, and especially with Harbeth C7's, I appreciate some input as well.

As far as the Anthem 225 goes, I'm very very happy with mine. I pair it with a simple DAC and it servers well as the heart of my simple 2 channel music/movie system. It's very balanced, neutral, with surprising amount of detail and clarity.
Haven't looked into footers or dedicated amp stands, although that would probably make a difference.

The Anthem is probably more on the musical side than analytical, it's not a harsh or fatiguing amp like some other solid state amps are. It has a very smooth mid-range and firm bass response. It actually shines more for watching movies and tv than music because it makes voices sounds real and full-bodied. I don't have enough other amps for comparison, but so far I'm particularly happy with how it serves for television and movies that I'll probably move it to a home theater set up eventually and look for a separate 2 channel speaker/amp when I have the room and funds.

Also, I think you are serious about getting the most of your rega table, you'll probably get a dedicated phono stage to the line stage in either integrated, so I wouldn't worry too much about the phono stage in either integrated.