New Bel Canto REF600M using NCORE

Wow!!..Looks like John hit another home run at Bel Canto with the just released REF 600M using NCORE amplifiers. 300 watts into 8ohms. $4500.00 a pair. The REF 1000M is out of production. I have a feeling this is Bel Canto's best amp ever below the Bel Canto Black. Look forward to Guido checking it out.
audiozen

Showing 6 responses by mapman

No hiss or hum with my Bel Canto ref1000m or C5i. In fact noise floor is lowest I have heard.  
On paper the upstream and downstream matching possibilities with these newer ref600s is not really much different than current ref1000m I own. These match and perform well with all speakers I use them with and with most any input. I use 100Kohm unbalanced inputs though 200Kohm balanced is also possible. So these match well with most anything up or downstream but of course the exact nature of the sound will vary greatly still case by case as is the case with most any good quality amplifier.
Guido,

Can you quantify in what way the newer model would outperform the older ones?

Of the 3, Ref1000m would still seem to have to set the mark for wattage.

600 is newer Ncore versus the others older Icepower, so apples/oranges there.

I would expect newer Class D modules within a line should outperform older in terms of bandwidth, etc. as the technology improves.

Then there is always how each "sounds" which is more subjective versus performance which typically must be measurable.

I own ref1000m. How it sounds exactly is a function of teh entire system playing. How it performs is not.
I also have a 60w/ch bel canto c5i to compare. this is current model still also with ice power.

Also recently I've auditioned rogue Sphinx and pharaoh integrated.

I could easily live with any of these though none sound exactly the same they all perform quite well overall. I have never attempted an ab comparison. Just a general determination of thumbs up or thumbs down. Thumbs up for all! I can't see ever straying from class d at this point unless some sexy set or something totally new and different sucks me in someday.
Knowing bel canto I would expect their latest generation of technology to set a very high bar.

I run ref1000m mono blocks in one system and c5i in another and both are already pretty top notch to my ears.